The number of type 2 diabetes adult patients is striking. Even more alarming, it is now beginning to show up in children and teenagers. When it comes to type 2 diabetes, prevention is a big deal. It is never too late to start. It is good for the whole family to know about diabetes and support each other making changes to lifestyle.
These steps can help reduce everyone in the family’s risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
- Eat more protein, fruits, and vegetables. Eat less sugar, carbohydrate, and fat.
- Maintain appropriate weight.
- Encourage your kids to join a sports team.
- Move more in and out of the house. Limit screen/TV time. Plan active outings together.
3) Working Age
- Eat healthy food. Maintain healthy weight.
- Limit amount of sugar and carbohydrate intake per day.
- Exercise regularly – 5 days a week, 30 minutes a day.
- Get an annual physical examination and diabetes screening
- Consult a doctor when planning to get pregnant. Women who have gestational diabetes have increased risks of developing Type 2 diabetes later in life.
- The risk for getting type 2 diabetes goes up to about 50% if close relatives have it.
- The risk of getting type 2 diabetes increases with age.
- Limit carbohydrate and sugar intake per day.
- Eat more high fiber fruits and vegetables. These help control blood sugar and lipid level.
- Exercise regularly – weight training, yoga
- Maintain healthy weight
- Get annual physical examination and diabetes screening
- If you have diabetes, take good care of yourself as directed by your doctor.
Opportunity to get money at ufa